Sony just held a press conference for the latest line of Xperia smart phones and it also includes the announcement of Xperia Play, which most of us will be familiar with it as the “PSP Phone”.
Xperia Play will have a high definition screen as well as a dual shock-like button layout that can be slide down from the phone. It will also offer local wireless multiplayer. Sony mentioned that 50 games will be available at the launch, games including Assassin’s Creed, Dead Space, Guitar Hero. There are 20 game publishers working with Sony for the Xperia Play games.
There will also be the PlayStation Suite that allow PlayStation One and PlayStation quality games to be developed for Android devices, including the Xperia Play.
Here’re the specs of Xperia Play:
- Size: 119 x 62 x 16 mm
- Weight: 175 grams
- Phone memory: 400 MB
- Memory card support: microSD™, up to 32 GB
- Memory card included: 8GB microSD™
- Operating system: Google™ Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Processor: 1 GHz Scorpion ARMv7
- Auto rotate
- Keyboard (onscreen, 12 key)
- Keyboard (onscreen, QWERTY)
- Picture wallpaper
- 5.1 megapixel camera
- 3D games
- Dedicated gaming keys
- Bluetooth™ technology
- Micro USB Connector
- USB 2.0 high speed support
- Wi-Fi™ Hotspot functionality
- Google™ services
- Android Cloud to Device messaging (C2DM)
- Talk time GSM/GPRS: Up to 8 hrs 25 min
- Standby time GSM/GPRS: Up to 425 hrs
- Talk time UMTS: Up to 6 hrs 25 min
- Standby time UMTS: Up to 413 hrs
- Talk time CDMA2000®: Up to 7 hrs 40 min
- Standby time CDMA2000®: Up to 405 hrs
- Game play time: Up to 5 hrs 35 min
- MP3 playback: Up to 30 hrs 35 min
There is still no announcement for the retail price of Xperia Play, but it will be scheduled to release on March, hopefully there could be a Philippine release within this year.