GIADA continues to manufacture compact pcs with high end hardware that acts as your average sized PC. In this product review segment, RF has been given the Giada G300 to test out.
Let’s start with the G300’s specs:
i5-4200U Processor, 2 Cores / 4 Threads
1.8GHz, Max Turbo Frequency 2.7GHz, Max TDP 15W
|Chipset||Integrated into CPU|
|Display||Nvidia®GeForce®GT630, 2GB VRAM
One HDMI 1.4a with audio support
Dual DisplayPort 1.2 with audio support
2*SO-DIMM, up to 16GB of DDR3L 1600MHz (1.35V)
|Expansion Slots||1x SIM Card slot
2x Mini-PCI Express® ( Full-length for mSATA Ⅲ SSD;
Full-length for PCIE/USB /3G)
Support 2.5inch SATA Ⅲ Type HDD
|Audio|| Realtek®High Definition Audio
(5.1) Digital audio via DP/HDMI connector
1x Audio out &S/PDIF combo jack on the front panel
1x Mic in jack on the front pane
|Ethernet||1x Realtek®Gigabit Ethernet Controller
1x Rj45 port on the back panel
|Wireless||Not included, optional IEEE 802.11 b/g/n module|
|2x USB3.0 (on the front panel)
2x USB2.0 (on the back panel)
2x COM Port (on the front panel)
1x DC-IN jack (19V )
|IR||Onboard IR module
An infrared sensor on the front panel
1x 3.5mm audio jack for extended infrared sensor
Not included Remote Control(Optional )
|OS Support||Windows®7,8 & Linux|
|Operating Temperature||0℃ to +40℃
32℉ to 104℉
|System BIOS||AMI EFI BIOS; ACPI|
|Dimension||9.5in x 6.9in x 1.1in
240mm x 174mm x 28mm
The G300’s specs matches any standard laptop with high specs. Graphic designers and gamers will love this since the hardware is equivalent to a standard gaming pc. We’ve tried numerous programs program that we know that can eat a lot of memory i.e. Photoshop and Illustrator; and with its dual display support, you can automatically equip two monitors while setting up.
Although that this little powerhouse has everything on the menu, there are downsides to this since this unit is of the smallest size of a regular pc. The biggest concern that this unit is prone to overheating since it doesn’t have a big cooling system, setting it in an air-conditioned room is a must.
What kind of PC users we are if we didn’t try our hand in putting games into this little thing? We tried at least three programs that we know that can eat a lot of memory and requires tons of graphic support. Here are three videos that can show you how much of a powerhouse the G300 is.
Test # 1
Test # 2
Test # 3
Now that you’ve seen these three videos, here are the recaps on the G300.
- Portable, can be brought anywhere, it can fit in your bag for easy storage.
- Lightweight, no need to worry about bulking up your bag when carrying it with you anywhere.
- Easy to setup, a couple of monitor cables and you’re good to go!
- HDMI ready, you can hook up the unit to an LED monitor.
- Budget friendly, no worries busting your wallets with their units.
- Prone to overheating, since the G300 is a portable PC, the internal fan isn’t enough to cool down it’s parts. Placing it in an air-conditioned room is needed.
- The VGA ports are male, unless you have a converter
- The unit doesn’t come with a wireless Ethernet card. It may be an optional purchase.
So if you’re looking for an affordable mini pc with a budget friendly price. The Giada G300 might be the one for you!