We got a ton of new info for the upcoming second season of Gundam Build Fighters.
After a very positive response from both anime and gunpla fans for the first season of Gundam Build Fighters, Sunrise didn’t hesitate to announce a second season a few months after the end of the first. The second season is now more of a sequel to the series and it will be getting its premiere this October. The info about the series was revealed at the Official Gundam Build Fighters site.
Now called Gundam Build Fighters Try, the story takes place seven years after the events on the first season and will feature new characters that are students from the Kiyoshiotori Gundam Battle Division, where they formed their team called Tri-Fighters to compete in the Gundam Battle Championship.
Here is the brief info of the characters (courtesy of Gundam.Info)
- Sekai Kamiki – A second-year student who has transferred to Seiho Academy middle school, and a master of the Jigen Haoh school of martial arts. Sekai’s encounter with Fumina Hoshino introduces him to Gunpla Battle, leading him to discover how enjoyable and deep it can be.
- Yuuma Kousaka – A second-year student at Seiho Academy middle school, and younger brother of China Kousaka. Yuuma is a gifted young Gunpla builder, with enough talent to win the Grand Prix in a modeling tournament’s Artistic Gunpla Contest.
- Fumina Hoshino – A third-year student at Seiho Academy middle school. Fumina is president of the Gunpla Battle Club, and is busy trying to collect members for her club, so that they can compete in the middle and high-school division of the Championship.
We also get to see their Gunplas as well, and being a tradition for Gunplas, the model kits will also be available on October
We also managed to get more info on the production team
- Original Story: Hajime Yatate, Yoshiyuki Tomino
- Director: Shinya Watada
- Series Supervisor: Yosuke Kuroda
- Character Design: Kenichi Ohnuki
- Character Design Cooperation: Suzuhito Yasuda
- Mechanical Designers: Kunio Okawara, Junya Ishigaki, Susumu Imaishi, Kanetake Ebikawa, Kenji Teraoka, Shinya Terashima, Naoki
- Music: Yuki Hayashi, Asami Tachibana
- Planning Cooperation: Bandai Hobby Products Department
- Production Cooperation: ADK
- Producer: TV Tokyo, Sunrise, Sotsu
And here are the voice actors for the main characters:
- Sekai Kamiki: Kazumi Togashi
- Yuuma Kousaka: Yuuma Uchida
- Fumina Hoshino: Yui Makino (Sakura from Tsubasa Chronicles)
- Mirai Kamiki: Aya Endo (Sheryl Noma from Macross Frontier)
Gundam Build Fighters Try will be joining Gundam: Reconguista in G that will premiere this October in Japan.