There’s a major shitstorm happening at the Mercenary Online publisher
Out of nowhere, the official Facebook page of MMO Shooter Mercenary Online posted an advisory regarding the publisher’s president Miguel Felix Limon. The post revealed that the employees of Massive Interactive Revolution, Inc. (popularly known as Massive Gaming) are filing a legal case against Mr. Lumon with the following violations according to the post:
- Failure to pay the royalty share to Yingpei Games – developer of Mecenary Online since August 2014 resulting to non-release of game patches. Same scenario applies to Dream Execution for War Rock and Aurora Interactive for Aurora World.
- Failure to pay suppliers for assets bought for the company.
- Failure to remit deducted employee share of SSS, Pag-ibig, Philhealth& Withholding taxfor 2 years including loan payments resulting to loan application decline.
- Failure to release 3-months worth of transportation allowance to Massive Gaming’s Field Team. Despite the non-release of stated allowance, said team is still required to fulfill their targets. For target compliance, said employees resulted to the following actions:
a. Pawning of payroll ATM
b. Loan shark loans
- Failure to pay employee salary.
As a sidenote, the father of Mr. Limon; Edgardo Limon is facing tax evasion charges for his two companies which are based in makati
There are no details whether Mr. Limon has responded over the legal issue within the company or if the account of the Facebook page was hijack as we are still trying to contact both parties for their sides. Massive Gaming is popularly known for their MMO shooters games including the third person shooter Mercenary Online and first person shooter WarRock (which was previously published by ABS-CBN Interactive aka AMPED Games).
The full details can be found on the official page. The employees of Massive Gaming are asking for support from their community, media and government agencies in regards to the issue.
The previous event where Massive Gaming was active was last year in partnership with GameX, then after the event, the company went quiet for several months.