Southeast Asian virtual game studio Boomzap Entertainment launches its Kickstarter campaign for Legends of Callasia, a cross-platform fantasy world conquest game with board game-style mechanics and no hotseat waiting. Beta access is open to all as part of the Kickstarter, and a Greenlight campaign on Steam is also ongoing.
Legends of Callasia (formerly known as Legends of Fire & Steel) is a simultaneous turn-based single and multiplayer fantasy world conquest strategy game with no hotseat waiting. Choose from a wide range of heroes from three factions – The Hundred Kingdoms, The Faeborne, and The Revenant – and conquer lands through single player campaigns, or battle against friends through online multiplayer in board game-style maps. Use bonus cards against your enemies or boost your armies and rule the world!
- Classic fantasy world conquest strategy game with simple, intuitive controls
- Endless strategies through wide range of heroes, units, maps, and more
- Auto-resolve battle mode with two attack phases: missile and melee
- Single player campaigns: follow the war of the factions across the lands
- Turn-based multiplayer game with simultaneous plan and resolution cycle: ranked and casual play, friend finder, rankings, leaderboards, and no hotseat waiting
- Pay once and play: no free to play, no ads, no pay to win
The game is designed to be playable on PC, Mac, iPad, and Android tablets. Boomzap co-founder and Creative Director Chris Natsuume says, “Our hope is to make a mid-core casual game that captures some of the fun of more epic strategy games like Civilization, Crusader Kings, or Heroes of Might and Magic, but in a much smaller, more digestible, 1 hour play session.”
Known for casual games, Boomzap is now making its entry to the strategy games market and is hoping to build a multiplayer community on Steam. Funding through Kickstarter would also help in completing development of the game, set to release in early 2016.
Make Legends of Callasia a reality by backing their project on Kickstarter and rating the game on Steam Greenlight. The team is asking for support in spreading the news in order to reach their funding goal of $25,000USD. Pledges start at $1USD, and rewards such as early release copies, digital artbooks, and customized in-game content are available to the backers.
Vote on Steam Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=568118839
Back on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/boomzap/legends-of-callasia