Kingston, the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of DataTraveler® 2000 encrypted USB Flash drive. DataTraveler 2000 offers hardware encryption and PIN protection with access through an onboard alphanumeric keypad. It will ship later in Q1.
It is designed for global security IT professionals, small-to-medium businesses and corporate end users who require electronic data protection. DataTraveler 2000 is easily deployable in a work environment where multiple devices and operating systems are in use as the drive is OS independent and features hardware-based, full disk AES 256-bit data encryption in XTS mode. Encryption is done on the drive and no software or hardware drivers are needed.
DataTraveler 2000’s alphanumeric keypad allows users to lock the drive with a word or number combination for easy-to-use PIN protection. For additional security, its auto-lock feature is activated when the drive is removed from the host device and the encryption key and password are deleted after 10 invalid login attempts to thwart brute force intrusions. DataTraveler 2000 is built with durability in mind as an aluminum cover protects the drive from everyday elements such as water and dust.
“We are excited to add DataTraveler 2000 to our existing lineup of fast and encrypted USB Flash drives for organizations and SMBs,” said Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. “It is the perfect option to deploy in the workforce where a uniform encrypted data storage solution that works on many different OS’ are in use.”
DataTraveler 2000 is using Datalock® Technology licensed from ClevX, LLC. The two companies have worked together for many years as ClevX’s innovative security and mobility solutions can be found on other Kingston encrypted USB Flash drives.
DataTraveler 2000 available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities and is backed by a three-year warranty, free live technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information please visit www.kingston.com.
Kingston DataTraveler 2000 Features and Specifications:
- Interface:USB 3.1 Gen. 1 (USB 3.0)
- Superior password protection:User sets a PIN to prevent unauthorized access
- Easy to use: No application installation required
- Compatible with: Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, 8, 7 (SP1), Vista® (SP2), Mac OS X v. 10.8.x+, Linux v. 2.6.x+, Chrome OS™, Android**
- Secure: Drive locks down and reformats after 10 invalid login attempts
- Guaranteed: Three-year warranty with free technical support
- Capacities1: 16GB, 32GB and 64GB
- Speed2: USB 3.1 speed: 16GB: 120MB/s read, 20MB/s write
32GB: 135MB/s read, 40MB/s write
64GB: 135MB/s read, 40MB/s write
USB 2.0 speed: 16GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
32GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
64GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
- Dimensions: (drive with sleeve) 80mm x 20mm x 10.5mm
(drive without sleeve) 78mm x 18mm x 8mm
- Minimum System Requirements: USB 3.1 Gen. 1 (USB 3.0) compliant and 2.0 compatible
- Waterproof / Dustproof: Certified to IP57 rating
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
|Kingston DataTraveler 2000|
|DT2000/16GB||16GB DataTraveler 2000|
|DT2000/32GB||32GB DataTraveler 2000|
|DT2000/64GB||64GB DataTraveler 2000|
|Operating System compatibility||USB 3.1 Gen. 1 (USB 3.0)*||USB 2.0|
|Windows® 10, 8.1, 8, 7(SP1), Vista® (SP2)||✓||✓|
|Mac OS X v 10.8.x+||✓||✓|
|Chrome OS ™||✓||✓|
1 Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
2 Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
*USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB 3.0)
** Compatible devices only
Kingston can be found on: