See if you can create your own game within 2 days.
IGDA Manila will be hosting another Manila Game Jam in Ateneo De Manila University on January 28 to 31, 2016. Manila Game Jam is a part of Global Game Jam where participants will be creating their games within 48 hours, all from the start of conceptualizing their game design to actual development up to the final testing of the game. Imagine a game development version of a hackathon and the young and inspired game developers and students are encouraged to join for this once a year activity. It doesn’t matter what kind of specialty you are good at, as long as you have a cool game idea and a team of passionate developers, game designers, programmers, illustrators, composers, etc., you are all good to go.
For those who are interested in joining the Manila Game Jam, here are some of the guidelines:
- IGDA Manila’s Global Game Jam location:
- 5th Floor, Rizal Library, Katipunan Ave. ,Loyola Heights, Quezon City, NCR 1108, Philippines.
- You are required to register: Registration Link
- Use Real Names for the registration
- Event is open for entire 48 hours.
- Meals provided on site by IGDA Manila sponsors.
- Bring your own machine and power chord. Bringing of extra extension cords is highly encouraged. Internet may not be that strong, so bring your own internet device if you have.
- At 10pm on Friday or Saturday, choose whether you would like to stay on the venue or go home. If you decide to stay, you can’t get out until morning the next day. Those who chose to go home may come back the next day.
- If you’re bringing a vehicle, we require you to send in vehicle details like model, color, and plate number to firstname.lastname@example.org and put on subject line: Global Game Jam 2016 Vehicle Details.
For more details about The Manila Game Jam, head on to their official website