New IPs, Sequels, and Hideo Kojima’s official video game reveal.
Sony PlayStation looked to have won today’s episode of E3 as they pepper the crowd with their new game lineups, sequels, and of course, Hideo Kojima finally revealing his newest project.
- Open world survival with a similar tone to “Last of Us” and is said to be the game’s spiritual successor.
- Plotline revolves around a post-apocalyptic world, where most of the population is turned into Zombie-like beings called “Freakers”
- No actual release date just yet, but the game is now up for pre-order on Amazon and is slated for December 2017.
- PS4 exclusive developed by Insomniac, developers of titles such as Ratchet and Clank and Spyro series.
- Features and open-world adventure feel, with the storyline to deviate away from any of the popular Spider Man films.
- Now listed on Amazon for pre-order but no official release date has been revealed yet.
Batman Arkham VR
- New Batman title from Rocksteady that will be focused entirely on the First Person Perspective and built around the PlayStation VR.
- Features a highly focused and very personal investigative plot line.
- Invites players to explore iconic locations in the BatmanUniverse such as the Wayne Manor and the Batcave
LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- New LEGO Star Wars game based on the recent movie, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Slated for the PS4 and the PS3, with the Demo now available for Download on the PlayStation store.
- Will be released this coming June 28.
Final Fantasy XV VR Experience
Skip to 2:10 for the VR Experience part
- PS VR support for Final Fantasy XV revealed, gameplay trailer showcases how the combat would feel.
- Initially announced to be playable under the main character, “Prompto”, no news or information yet if VR modes for other characters are being planned or be made available.
Skylanders Imaginators – Crash Bandicoot Reveal
- FINALLY! SOME CRASH-freaking-BANDICOOT, WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR A VERY LONG TIME!
- “Create your own Skylander” feature made available, which means players can now create and/or customize their very own in-game characters.
- Single player and Coop modes available, also players can play with each other in Head-to-Head races.
- Game will be released in the West this coming October 2016.
The Last Guardian
- Trailer shows more footage of the The Last Guardian, which was first revealed back in E3 2015
- Release date officially confirmed, game will be out this coming October 25,2016
Resident Evil VII: Biohazard
- New resident evil returns to its roots of being a horror survival game.
- Fully compatible with the PS VR.
- Already in development and will be available next year, on January 24, 2017, demo is now also available for PS Plus users.
- New game for the PS VR developed by Impulse Gear
- Sci-fi FPS title set in a desolated alien world.
- First ever video game title to be developed by Impulse Gear.
- New game by Hideo Kojima finally revealed.
- Title features main character modeled from and will also be played by Norman Reedus
- Setting seems to be in a desolate or post-apocalyptic planet, with hints of Alien spacecraft.
- We have to say, the trailer is absolutely weird.
God of War 4
- Set years after the events of the last God of War
- Showcases and old Kratos, together with his son.
- Combat mechanics nearly identical to the old God of War, with some bigger enemies and newer weapons.
- Northern setting and will possibly be set in the Norse Mythology.
Other Announcements and Reveals
- New gameplay video for Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remaster
- New gameplay video and trailer for Detroit: Become Human
- PlayStation VR release date now set to come this October 2016