Check out this Kickstartered game about Witchcraft and Royal Kingdoms in pixel glory.
Guardians of the Rose is an Open World Exploration game featuring Witchcraft, Secret Societies, Revolution, and Character Customization. The game was designed by Broc Copeland who is into gaming since two years old, and it was his dream to create video games, finally along with Justin Stolk and Dani Person, they are creating Guarians of the Rose. Here are some highlights about the game:
- Align with Good or Evil – You get to choose whether Good or Evil prevails. Your alignment is based on your actions. Killing monsters near a town to save villagers is an act that earns good points while killing innocent villagers, stealing, or using witchcraft will accumulate evil points. Your alignment affects which NPCs are friendly towards you and which ones are enemies. It also can change your path in the story, which quests you can take, what gear you can wear, and more.
- Choose your own way to play – The player must choose what path to take, good or evil. The only goal of the game is to restore peace to the land. How it is done is up to the player. You can choose to incite revolution from the stealth of the shadows or you can wage all out war. With a completely customizable stats and skills system there is very little the player does not have control over. And depending on how you play the game, which path you take in your exploration of the lands, and who you decide to party with, the game’s story and ending can change fairly drastically.
- Witchcraft – Witchcraft is known in the kingdom as the source of all evil. Using it risks your ability to get along with natives of the land and if caught using witchcraft you can compromise your ability to experience certain endings of the game. If you do choose to use witchcraft you can craft it with items that you find in your explorations.
- Stats System – Stats are the five character statistics that make your character completely customizable. Each time you level up you can invest points into your character to tailor it towards the way you prefer to play the game.
- Guild Master of a Secret Society – You play as a guild master of a Secret Society who’s goal is world peace, at any cost. You will need a few allies to help you overthrow the Great Witches. You have the choice to recruit any NPC in the game but if you choose the wrong person to recruit it can turn into a fight and blow your cover as a revolutionary (or if you have taken a more evil path it could blow your cover as an Ally to the Great Witches).
Their Kickstarter campaign is almost over and they successfully reached their target $7,500 goal where their project will finally be backed. You can continue supporting their project by heading to their Kickstart page. They are planning to release this on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One.