Ubisoft® debuts their full roster of 12 playable Heroes in For Honor™, the critically acclaimed new action IP. The Knight, Viking and Samurai legacies will each feature four true elite warriors, capable of making a major difference on the battlefield. In addition to the full-fledged story campaign revealed at E3 2016, For Honor includes five engaging Multiplayer modes: Dominion, Brawl, Duel, Extermination and Skirmish.
For Honor embarks players in the chaos, fury and brutality of ruthless, visceral close-quarter combat featuring the brutal Vikings, the deadly Knights and the cold-blooded Samurai. In each faction, players will be able to choose among four different types of Heroes:
– Vanguards are well-balanced Heroes, with good attack, and defense capabilities and great versatility.
– Assassins are swift and lethal characters, great duelists with very good offense
– Heavies are the most resistant Heroes, their attacks are slow but deadly. They’re especially efficient for defending a point and annihilating AI enemies.
– Hybrids mix elements and characteristics of other types. They are advanced characters fostering uncommon tactics
Heroes come with their own set of skills, weapons, armor and fighting style. With a wide library of customization options, players are able to personalize their Heroes to not only look and feel unique, but also tailored to their combat style.
For Honor’s in-depth progression is unique to each Hero, with select elements shared across PvE and PvP gameplay modes. At the end of each multiplayer match and each campaign mission, players are awarded XP that unlocks new combat abilities and new visual customization options. They also have the chance to loot armor and weapon parts on the battlefield, with specific stats allowing each player to adapt their gear to their playstyle while ensuring fairness and balance in multiplayer.
For Honor’s multiplayer modes are playable with and against other players or bots in split-screen co-op on consoles. These multiplayer modes offer each player a different way to live the fantasy of being a skilled melee warrior on a believable battlefield:
- Dominion is a 4v4 objective-based mode in which two teams of four players fight for control of the battlefield. It’s a mode that relies upon skill, communication and teamwork.
- Brawl 2v2: Each team of two players need to kill the two enemy Heroes to win a round. Skill, awareness, cooperation and the capacity to use the environment to the player’s advantage are key components.
- Duel 1v1 puts two Heroes face-to-face in a fight to the death. Skill is fundamental in Duel of course, but as in Brawl, players have the possibility to use the environment to their advantage.
- Skirmish is a 4v4 Team Death Match like mode. Combat skills are key in this mode as players score points for their team by killing enemy Heroes.
- Extermination: In this 4v4 mode, the last surviving player on the battlefield wins the round for their team.
Consumers will have their chance to playtest For Honor from September 15-18 with the For Honor Closed Alpha. The development team will be looking for feedback from gamers during the Closed Alpha to carve the best gaming experience possible when the game launches. This Closed Alpha will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. To sign up for it and get the latest news and content about For Honor and have a chance to play the game first, please visit www.forhonorgame.com.
Ubisoft is also pleased to announce that For Honor on PC is being developed by Blue Byte, a Ubisoft Studio. Blue Byte is devoted to keep the essence of For Honor’s innovative combat system, the Art of Battle, while adapting it to mouse and keyboard controls, giving PC players multiple options on how they can play For Honor.
For Honor will be available on February 14, 2017 on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC.
For more information about For Honor, please follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/UbisoftSEA and on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/UbisoftSEA .