After thrilling competition five top teams have earned a spot in Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Six Invitational, the biggest Rainbow Six event since launch. With a $200,000 prize pool on the line, teams will compete over a three day event in Montreal from February 3-5.
Team EnVy from Singapore will represent Asia to compete with worldwide teams. Says Captain Glen Suryasaputra (aka LunaMetaL) “Team Envy is a closely knit group of friends who have been together since the start of our Rainbow Six adventure. As the sole representative for Asia, we are honored and feel it’s our responsibility to showcase what Asia eSports players have to offer to the world stage. Not just for ourselves, but also for our fellow Asian teams and the Rainbow Six community. We promise to do our very best to make Asia proud!”.
Meet the Teams:
- GiFu (PC, Finnish) [pronounced: “SEE-SOO”] – The most consistent and efficient European team to date, GiFu shows off not only their skills but also their ability to stay strong. They came in second place in Year 1 Season 2. GiFu also placed third in Season 2 and Season 3.
- Euronics Gaming (PC, Swedish) Euronics were the favourite in Europe after they showed up some amazing performance online these past months. They didn’t fail to show up as they bravely defeated gBots, PDucks (who are the current heir apparent of the World Title) and the newly “super team” PENTA Sports in the closed qualifier.
- EnVy (PC, Asian) Envy will be representing Asia at the Six Invitational. The proud Singaporean team was the first to secure their place for the closed qualifiers. Envy has always been one of the top performing teams in the region and qualified by simply not losing a single match on the tournament.
- MindFreak (Xbox, Australian) MindFreak has shown a very consistent level all over the Australian competition, managing to grind their spot to the final bracket and defeated every team on their way to the ANZ finals.
- Team Vitality (Xbox, French) has been in the league since the beginning. Always trusting the top 3, they finally managed to grind up to the top and win the S3 Championship title. As an invitee for the Six invitational, they will try to wave the baguette on the big stage and become the first Six Invitational champions.
The Six Invitational will be taking place at the Usine C venue where fans, content creators, professional players and developers will gather to watch the fun-packed event. The Six Invitational will feature the pro competition, new content including the Year 2 Season 1 reveal, developer and community panels, major announcements and reveals.
To purchase tickets to attend the Six Invitational, please visit: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/six-invitational-tickets-30310077257
For more information on Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, please visit rainbow6.com.
For the latest on all of Ubisoft’s games, please visit ubiblog.com.