It used to be when TOYCON was just all about toys and collecting geeky stuff, and being under one roof with pop-culture fanboys, cosplayers, gamers and comic book nerds. But this year, TOYCON heads off for uncharted waters and borrowing from a certain famous space TV show, “Boldly goes to where no CON has gone before.”
The Philippine TOYCON, now on its 16th year, began an exciting partnership with Pop Life Entertainment, a leading international creative house and brand development company, last year to create the ultimate Fan experience for the Filipino pop-culture fans.
ToyCon Pop Life FanXperience 2016 was the biggest celebration of all things associated with pop-culture such as toys, games, movies, cosplay, anime and collectibles.
FanXperience made ToyCon the staging-ground of the “ultimate fan experience” for the local fan base who got to get up close and personal for the first time with international celebrities like Kristian Nairn from Game of Thrones and Dean Cain from the Adventures of Superman.
This year the TOYCON POP LIFE FANXPERIENCE 2017 takes it up a notch higher and promises bigger entertainment and a whole new playground for the digital generation.
WHAT’S IN IT THIS YEAR?
TOYCON POP LIFE FANXPERIENCE launches to the stratosphere with not just one, two or three but SEVEN big international celebrities for the Filipino fans to enjoy an up close and personal encounter! These include
- Carla Perez – Rita Repulsa in the Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers TV Series
- Charlie Bewley – The Vampire Dmitri, from the Twilight movie franchise
- Lindsay Mckeon – Tessa the Reaper from the hit TV series, Supernatural
- Karen Fukuhara – Katana of the Suicide Squad
- Stefan Capicic – Colossus in the Deadpool Movie
- Cas Anvar – the voice of Altair in Assassins Creed:Revelations
- Kevin McNally – Joshamee Gibbs of the Pirate of the Caribbean movies
The FanXperience will certainly give lucky fans a chance to interact one-on-one with these big celebrities through the live panels and Meet & Greet sessions.
The TOYCON also boasts of some of the biggest exhibits in the world of popular culture and this year’s highlights include:
- Japan’s top toy brand, Kotobukiya, displays its latest line of Marvel, Star Wars and DC figurines along with the launch of the Frame Arms Girl Anime and merchandise.
- Warner Brothers features its movie exhibit of its upcoming line of hit movies, IT, Ninjago, Justice League and the original movie prop doll of the horror cult classic, Annabelle.
- Mars Ravelo’s Superheroes are featured in their classic art and comic form courtesy of the Mars Ravelo Estate and ABS CBN Licensing.
- The TOYCON Toy Club Gallery – The biggest toy collectors’ exhibit ever assembled under one roof featuring top toy brands, Kotobukiya, Enesco, Bandai, Hero Cross, Hasbro, Mattel, Hot Toys and Lego. This exhibit makes ToyCon one of the most photographed events in the country.
- Artists Alley and custom artwork – fans meet their favorite local and international guest artists for custom sketches, signing and art critiquing
- The biggest dealer floor of around 240 merchants of various pop-culture merchandise, comics, accessories, cosplay merchandise, toys and collectibles
Other event highlights include:
- The grand finals of the World Cosplay Summit Philippine Championship and our very own TOYCON Cosplay Competition
- The awarding of the very first Pinoy Pop Culture Awards
- Musical performances by British electronic duo, Addictive TV and top local bands
- ToyClicks toy photography competition and the Toy Customization contest
WHAT NEW FOR THIS YEAR’S CONVENTION?
Pop Life Entertainment brings your ideas to life in the Creator Stage! All digital content creators and online celebrity aspirants can make their mark on the digital stage by creating their own content right at the Pop Life Creator Stage at the 2nd level of the SMX Convention Center. Share your genius and get a chance to be part of a global leader in multi-channel networks, Pro Am Studio!
Enjoy a brand new set of toys in a whole new playground as the TOYCON POP LIFE FANXPERIENCE happens on
June 30 to July 2, 2017
SMX Convention Center Manila
Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City
The event is organized by the Asian Comics, Toys & Hobbies Collective Inc. and Pop Life Entertainment
and co-presented by GLOBE. With sponsors MaxiCollector, Arigatoys, the Gaming Library, Warner Brothers Pictures, Bankee, Toy Empire, Ano Toys, Great Toys Online, Hygienix, Bully Boys Collectibles, Big Boys Toystore, Hubbyte, Kramer Toy Warden, Devant, MoguMogu, and Bruder Toys.