The ComicCon Asia team kick started their campaign for the big event with their second press conference at the Heritage Hotel last Wednesday.
ComicCon Asia is the newest major pop culture convention to happen in the country, this will be held on March 24 and 25 at the SMX Convention Center in Pasay City. The event will feature different zones for specific fandoms; Anime/Manga, Comics, Toys & Gaming, Movies and TV Series & Animation. ComicCon Asia promises to provide an epic experience to the attendees with exciting highlights of activities and guests. Their biggest guest to be revealed is the legendary Stan Lee; who is famous for co-creating some of the iconic Marvel superheroes.
Other guests that were revealed during the press conference where the following:
- Ray Allen – NBA Superstar and Actor in the 1998 He Got Game movie
- Walter Jones – Black Ranger in Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers
- Chad Hoku – International Costume Maker
- Vampy Bit Me – Internatinal Cosplayer
- Nana Kuronoma – International Cosplayer
- Jay Tablante – Cosplay Photographer
- Enji Night – International Cosplayer
- Harvey Tolibao – Filipino comic book artist, worked with DC and Marvel
- Carlo Pagulayan – Filipino comic book artist, worked with DC, Marvel and Dark Horse
- Armand Serrano, Visual Development Artist at Walt Disney
- Ian Sta Maria – Filipino comic artist of the Skyworld series and now works at LEGO
- Jesse Yu aka J*RYU – Toy Designer
- Yael Yuzon – Spongecola vocalist, will be launching his mini comics series Watership & Joy
- Carlo Calimon – Director of Startup Village
- Dr. John Lent – Publisher and Creator of the International Journal of Comic Art
- Toni Masdiono – Indonesian comic book artist of Ganesha Bobo
- Nguyen Thang Phong – Vietnamese comic pioneer
- Jerry Hinds – President of The Association of Comic Artists Singapore and creator of Supa Cross
- Adi Nazri – Founder of Komic Kapalooza
As for the activities, the Cosplay Match-Up will be ComicCon Asia’s cosplay competition that will feature different categories for specific fandoms. The Great Filipino Graphic Novel Contest will let creative Filipino creators show off their artist and writing skills for a chance to have their graphic novel be recognized in the country. Project X: The Search for the New Pinoy Superheroes will showcase the creators of local talents on their own Filipino superhero character, this will be in partnership with DV Tech Media. One Shot is an contest where creative minds from the animation and gaming field will pitch their ideas for a chance to become a reality, it will be a joint project with StartUp Village, Animation Council of the Philippines and Game Developers Association of the Philippines. There are also on-site activities such as the Auction Hero for auctioning some of the rarest memorabilia and the Trading Guild for the limited edition collectibles on sale. There will also be workshops that will happen during the event for cosplay and many more.
There will still be more reveals in the coming weeks according to the ComicCon Asia organizers, one includes a possible guest appearance from the Overwatch voice actors due negotiations are still ongoing and some possibilities of bringing Japanese personalities for the Anime/Manga fandom as the organizers are currently talking with the Japan Foundation.
Tickets will be available on January 25 at the ComicCon Asia website, the ticket price will be PhP 800 for one day and PhP 1,300 for 2 days.