Ubisoft announced that Operation Grim Sky, the third Season and major update for Year 3 of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, including 2 new Operators and a rework of the Hereford Base map, is now available for PC, PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One. Year 3 Pass owners can now play Operation Grim Sky’s two new Operators. All other players will be able to unlock these Operators starting September 11th using Renown or R6 Credits. The Hereford Base map rework and new content improvements are now available for free to all players.
New content of Year 3 Season 3 available today
In Operation Grim Sky, players will meet two new operators:
- Maverick, an American attacker from the Unit who is a Hard Breacher. Thanks to his Suri Torch gadget, he is capable of breaching silently any surface including reinforced walls.
- Clash is a new British Defender with an expertise on mob behavior and snatch-squad tactics. She is a tough veteran, and a leading expert in riot control. Clash is notable for her Crowd Control Electro (CCE) Shield, which can slow down and damage nearby enemies thanks to its Taser, discouraging pushes and encouraging retreats.
In addition, players will rediscover the iconic Hereford Base training camp which has received a complete map rework including adjustments to the map’s flow, balancing, and visuals, to make it viable for competitive play.
Year 3 Season 3 major Update implementation
In addition to this new content, Operation Grim Sky will include a major update on the following features:
- Correction of the weapon sights misalignment that caused automatic weapon to diverge from where the reticle was positioned.
- From now on if players are not able to select an Operator before the end of the selection phase, they will no longer be assigned Recruit, but will be assigned a random Operator from the list they have already unlocked.
- Ability to mute the text or voice chat of each player individually.
- Hatch Reinforcements will now allow for partial destruction.
- Finally, in addition to gameplay and technical fixes, players can expect some map balancing adjustments on Consulate.