Linksys announces the launch of the Linksys MR8300 Tri-Band Gaming Mesh WiFi Router.
The MR8300 is a high-performance router that delivers up to 2.2 Gbps of superior speed and is ideal for homes that require massive bandwidth for 4k entertainment and peak mobile gaming. The router is powered by a 716 MHz quad-core processor that improves overall network performance for faster wired, wireless, and WAN to LAN speeds.
In a Tolly benchmark test, the MR8300 performed at least 71% better than competition routers in a real-world congested environment consisting of six gaming cell phone clients and another 21 active (and idle) devices that were connected to the test routers. MR8300 achieved an average ping-time of 7.3ms against other competitor routers while heavily loaded with mobile gaming clients and background application traffic. For entertainment, MU-MIMO and Beamforming technology also work to ensure that high-performing devices – like smart TVs, laptops and phones – can connect to the Internet through faster and dedicated WiFi channels.
“Asia Pacific accounts for an impressive 52% share of the global mobile gaming market and is set to generate over $72.2 billion by the end of 2019. With this number only set to grow yearly, Linksys is poised to deliver networking solutions that match consumer demands.” said Jason Villados, Linksys Philippines Country Manager. “The MR8300 is a hybrid router that combines high-performance features from our Max-Stream series with the Intelligent Mesh of the award-winning Linksys Velop Mesh WiFi System that has been well-received globally.”
Enjoying seamless roaming while mobile gaming over Linksys Intelligent Mesh™ Technology
The Linksys MR8300 router is built with Linksys Intelligent Mesh™ Technology, and users have the flexibility to grow the WiFi coverage in their homes by adding Velop™ nodes to the system.
- Self-Organise – The MR8300 and Velop™ nodes work together to cover any floor plan and WiFi footprint
- Self-Optimise – WiFi bands and channels adjust based on your WiFi habits
- Self-Healing – If a node loses power or connection to the system, the remaining nodes re-establish connections to each other and the internet
- One Network – Supports one network name and password, one admin login, one interface for management and monitoring, and one guest network for the whole home
- Seamless Roaming for whole home gaming – When you add one or more Velop™ nodes to the MR8300, they will communicate with each other to form a single, unified wireless network.
The MR8300 AC2200 Router features a robust set of advanced offerings:
|Tri-Band AC2200||· Four external fixed antennas with high-power amplifiers
· WiFi AC2200 867 Gbps (2 – 5 GHz) + 400 Mbps (2.4 GHz)* with MU-MIMO
· 5 GHz radio – 867 Mbps*
· 2.4 GHz radio – 400 Mbps*
|Processor & Memory||· 716 MHz Quad Core
· 256 MB Flash and 512 MB SD RAM
|WAN and LAN Connectivity
|· 5 Gigabit Ethernet Ports:
o 1x WAN
o 4x LAN
|Wtfast Integration (Premium 6-month access)||· 6 months FREE wtfast membership
· wtfast eliminates lag by optimizing your game traffic through the world’s largest private gaming network
· Receive FREE unlimited access to the PC Game Launchpad which supports over 1000 online games
|· Linksys Shield is a premium subscription software service for users to block unwanted content / categories and provide an additional layer of digital protection for your connected devices and family
o Users have the ability to set detailed policies to ensure that their loved ones and children are safe in the digital world
· Linksys Shield firmware update will be rolled out to MR8300 in Q1 2020
Pricing & Availability
The MR8300 Tri-Band Gaming Mesh WiFi Router is now available at the recommended retail price of P10,995 at selected Linksys Network Retailers: Octagon Computer Superstores, Microvalley, Silicon Valley, Villman Computer stores, DataBlitz, Thinking Tools and on Lazada.
For every purchase of Linksys MR8300, an end customer will get a Free Belkin Premium Items + Linksys Gift Card worth @ PhP8,700. Promo Period: 22 August to 30 September 2019 (While stock lasts)