Publisher Intragames and developer TurtleBlaze today released KUNAI, a charismatic tablet-faced warrior’s fight to save humanity from an impending overwrite by a new mechanical age, on Steam and Nintendo Switch for $16.99 USD / €16.99 / 16,900 KRW / 119 HKD/ 398 TWD/ 1775 JPY localized in Asia.
Decking players out in minutes with a killer sword, dual grappling hook-esque short blades, and the most emotive operating system ever created, KUNAI keeps exploration snappy, fluid, and entertaining. A new trailer demonstrates how scrapping squads of enemies without ever touching the ground is as satisfying as grappling up to a new secret area:
KUNAI’s journey pits players against the subservient AI hordes commanded by Lemonkus. Once a spirited, well-meaning inventor, Lemonkus’ aspirations for bettering the world have devolved into a ceaseless march for efficiency regardless of consequences. Players stand as the final chance for reverting humankind’s imminent demise before Lemonkus’ ultimate vision is made a reality.
- Relentless Agility: Grapple up walls, hop across enemies, and hover over hazards. KUNAI’s traversal between regions and foes is smooth, swift, and responsive.
- Killer Weapons: Wreak havoc with a missile-deflecting sword, death-dodging kunai, and dual-wieldable machine guns. KUNAI’s formidable weapons grant a fighting chance in a world overrun by despair.
- Overflowing Charm: Feel like >:[ after taking a hit, 😀 while swinging over hazards, and :3 when crouching to ambush the level below. KUNAI’s starring warrior wears all emotions on its slee- … er, screen.
- Evolving Arsenal: Unlock powerful new abilities to ensure your tablet-powered onslaught is a state-of-the-art affair.
- Colorful Visuals: A striking visual style gives each region an immediate identity, with palettes ranging from subdued to gorgeously rich and vivid.
For more on KUNAI, visit the game’s official website (https://kunaigame.com/), follow The Arcade Crew on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheArcadeCrew), and check out the game’s Steam page (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1001800/KUNAI/) and Nintendo eShop (https://ec.nintendo.com/JP/ja/titles/70010000022720).