Riot Games, the developer and publisher of League of Legends: Wild Rift, today revealed that Wild Rift is entering a weeks-long Closed Beta phase, starting September 16. The mobile version of the game, set to launch in more countries over the coming months, is expanding its Android testing to players to some regions in Southeast Asia. The Wild Rift team is hoping to gain feedback on how to continue improving the game before launch, and has been developing features, bug fixes, and player-requested quality-of-life improvements.
League of Legends: Wild Rift’s Closed Beta contains several additions to the game from the alpha test earlier this year:
- 6 NEW CHAMPIONS: Six champions from the broad world of Runeterra will be hitting the Rift, available to earn or purchase from the start of the Closed Beta: Amumu, Dr. Mundo, Jarvan IV, Sona, Singed, and Varus.
- COSMETIC ITEMS: For the first time, skins and other cosmetic content will be available for purchase (using Wild Rift’s paid currency, Wild Cores), with nearly 300 new items, including skins, emotes and recalls—as well as new items like champ poses, in-game emblems, and baubles, a way to flex on your opponents when you land a killing blow.
- RANKED: Wild Rift’s full ranked system debuts, featuring a new tier, Emerald. Ranked offers a competitive and fun way to play with friends, and in the upper tiers, a Victory Points system (similar to League PC’s League Points) for players to jockey for the coveted top spots on the leaderboards.
- CAMERA AND CONTROLS: The in-game camera and control options have been significantly improved, with semi-locked camera, picture-in-picture, minimap movement, and custom button layouts available for players to tailor their play.
- iOS TESTING: Players are able to sign up on the Wild Rift website for a chance at joining a small test for iOS devices, running alongside the Closed Beta.
The Wild Rift Closed Beta rolls out in stages, starting with Indonesia on September 16, with the Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore to follow, then with more markets included over the coming months. Players who are pre-registered for Wild Rift on the Google Play Store will be randomly selected in waves to gain access, with some content creators, media and VIPs directly invited when their regions come online.
Players in Southeast Asia can create a Riot account to receive rewards after Wild Rift enters Open Beta in SEA. All Wild Rift accounts will be reset in early October, and all Wild Cores purchased will be returned with a 20% bonus on top as a thank you to players for helping us test.
More information about what’s next will be coming at the start of October!