Getting an error is the last thing you’d want to see when you are trying to play SpaceEngine simulator. As it would happen, however, SpaceEngine simulator is not completely safe from errors. In many cases, you will have to blame something else on your PC, and not the SpaceEngine simulator itself. In this article, we will be talking about one of such errors — OpenAL32.dll missing error. Compared to other errors that you may find while trying to play SpaceEngine Simulator, however, the OpenAL32.dll missing error is easy to resolve. Here, we have listed some of the best ways you can follow to fix the scene.
What Does the OpenAL32.dll Missing Error Mean?
In case you didn’t guess that yet, the error means that a particular DLL file is missing from your computer. It should be noted that a DLL file is an important aspect of Windows, especially when it comes to running apps and other programs. In the case of OpenAL32.dll, it is a DLL file that becomes essential for running the game in question: SpaceEngine simulator.
However, it is also worth noting that applications other than the one we are talking about may also be using the said DLL file. Despite all these technical sides, it means the absence of the file is preventing you from opening SpaceEngine simulator in the first place.
Why Does the OpenAL32.dll missing error Occur?
Are you wondering why the OpenAL32.dll missing error occurs in the first place? Well, you are right in saying that SpaceEngine simulator would have shipped with this important DLL file as the package. So, when you’d installed the simulation app on your Windows PC, the DLL file would have also made it to the storage — only if the DLL file was not there.
Nevertheless, any of the following scenarios would have caused the removal of the OpenAL32.dll from your computer:
- Your PC may be infected with some malware, which, among other things, caused the deletion of the said DLL file from the storage. Of course, the malware might have also tried to delete other important files from the system to make you pay the ransom, if any.
- While organizing the files or folders, you may have accidentally deleted the OpenAL32.dll file by sheer mistake. The problem here is that you wouldn’t know the repercussions of this action until the next time you open SpaceEngine simulator.
- We may also be talking about some internal errors, such as bad drivers and some issues in a recent update from the software developer. Even in this case, you have an easy solution, which is updating the drivers or getting the bug fixed.
Now that you know what may be causing the OpenAL32.dll missing error on SpaceEngine simulator, shall we see the options you have at fixing it?
How to Fix the OpenAL32.dll Missing Error on SpaceEngine Simulator?
Just so you know, we are listing the most effective yet easiest ways to deal with the OpenAL32.dll missing error here.
- The easiest option that you have is to download the OpenAL32.dll file from dlldownloads.com. Without further ado, you can place the downloaded DLL file in the directory that the SpaceEngine simulator app is using. Right after this, you should able to start using the simulation app as it should work.
- The second option is to check if something is wrong with the SpaceEngine simulator installation that you have on your Windows PC. As we mentioned earlier, if you had installed the app from Steam, it might have some bundling-related issues as well. In either case, updating the app or its drivers could solve the issue.
- Last but not least, you should also see if an issue with Windows is causing the OpenAL32.dll missing error. In this case, however, you may have to do an SFC check, reinstallation or at least run some of the Windows updates.
We hope this article helps you to solve the OpenAL32.dll missing error without much hassle. As you can see, the biggest task here is understanding what is up. Then, you can choose between a multitude of options.