MARVEL’s first official MOBA mobile game, “MARVEL Super War,” welcomes a new hero—Taskmaster. Taskmaster is a skilled tactician and an adept martial artist. Thanks to his photographic reflexes, he is able to replicate the physical movements of anyone he witnesses. How would his unique ability be implemented in the game? What kind of role would he play on the battlefield? Without further ado, let’s get started!
Taskmaster is a powerful fighter with the ability to switch between two forms, enabling him to harass and deal damage from a distance in Bow and Arrow form or charge into melee and finish off enemies in Sword and Shield form.
Taskmaster’s natural passive “Weapon Shift” allows him to switch between his two forms. When Taskmaster is in his Sword and Shield form, he attacks by hurling his shield every few basic attacks. When Taskmaster is in his Bow and Arrow form, his first basic attack shoots extra arrows.
Each of Taskmaster’s forms holds a different set of skills.
Sword and Shield Form
- Ability 1 – Reflex Kick: Taskmaster kicks in the specified direction, dealing AoE damage and triggering a combo. When the combo is triggered, Taskmaster delivers a powerful kick in front of him, dealing AoE damage.
- Ability 2 – Deadly Charge: Press and hold the ability to charge, which causes Taskmaster to accelerate and deal damage to enemies in his path while knocking them back. At the end of the charge, he slashes in front of him, dealing AoE damage and launching enemies up. Drag the ability joystick to “Reflex Kick” during the initial charge to perform a combo.
- Ability 3 – Marksman Mimic: Taskmaster switches to his Bow and Arrow form and blinks in the direction of the joystick.
Bow and Arrow Form
- Ability 1 – Photographic Rapid Fire: Taskmaster shoots arrows in the specified direction, dealing AoE damage and triggering a combo. When the combo is triggered, Taskmaster rolls forward and shoots a powerful arrow at the enemy with the most marks while dealing damage and inflicting slow on enemies near the target.
- Ability 2 – Arrow Assault: Press and hold the ability to charge, which causes Taskmaster to accelerate. He also automatically marks and uses 1 basic attack on targets in range every 0.5 seconds. While charging, drag the ability joystick to “Photographic Rapid Fire” to perform a combo.
- Ability 3 – Shield Throw Mimic: Taskmaster switches to his Sword and Shield form and slashes in all directions, dealing AoE damage.
How to Play Taskmaster
The key to using Taskmaster effectively lies in the versatile use of his combo. Ability 2 gives the option of casting the Ability in a combo with Ability 1 or on its own, and if a combo of Ability 1 and 2 is performed, it will only count toward a CD for Ability 2, and Ability 1 can be cast again right after the combo. Since Taskmaster has two forms at his disposal, he can switch forms after the initial assault to further damage the target.
How to deal maximum damage with Taskmaster
Initiate contact in Bow and Arrow form. Use Ability 1 to harass the target and Ability 2 to charge and add marks. After stacking 3 marks, drag the joystick to Ability 1 to perform a combo. Switch to Sword and Shield form and perform a charge with Ability 2. When coming close to the target, drag the joystick onto Ability 1 to perform a combo and finish off the enemy with another Ability 1 cast on its own. Basic attacks can be used in-between skills to deal additional damage.
This concludes all the information we have on Taskmaster. Even after knowing Taskmaster’s skillset, ample practice is much needed to get the hang of Taskmaster’s controls. We look forward to seeing our Watchers fulfill Taskmaster’s true potential on the battlefield!