Riot Games Southeast Asia is raising the ante for exciting activities around the Regional Open Beta of League of Legends: Wild Rift, as the player-focused company announces the League of Legends: Wild Rift Southeast Asia Pentaboom Showdown, slated for December 12-13, 12:00 PM (GMT +8).
Held with official event organizer IO Esports, the League of Legends: Wild Rift Southeast Asia Pentaboom Showdown will feature eight teams of five prominent content creators and personalities from Cambodia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
From adrenaline-filled moments of outplay, thrilling team fights to Baron steals – players and fans of Wild Rift can look forward to seeing their favorite personalities flexing their skills, and thumbs, uniting as a team to outplay other participating teams – all for a charitable cause.
In conjunction with the showmatch, Riot Games Southeast Asia will donate US$60,000 to Room to Read (Cambodia, Indonesia, Myanmar, Vietnam), Openminds Project (Thailand), Beyond Social Services (Singapore), Passerelles Numeriques (the Philippines, Cambodia, Vietnam) and Wing Melaka (Malaysia). Participating teams will stand to win a total prize pool of US$66,500, prizes from official sponsors Razer and Secretlab, as well as bragging rights as the strongest Wild Rift team in the region.
“It’s been a long time coming, but we couldn’t be more thrilled to celebrate that League of Legends: Wild Rift is now open for our players in Southeast Asia. With this charity showmatch, we want to end 2020 on a high note by giving back, and engaging our players with a fun and entertaining show featuring some of their favorite personalities across the region,” said Justin Hulog, General Manager for Riot Games SEA, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau.
The Wild Rift Southeast Asia Pentaboom Showdown will be broadcast live in Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malaysia, Burmese, English, Khmer, Tagalog, Thai and Vietnamese on Facebook, YouTube and Twitch, and will feature prominent personalities including:
- Chea Gaming, Henaa Gaming, Prom Official ML and T26.haha from Cambodia
- Cindy Gullla, Dylan PROS, GOGOGOY, Jess No Limit and VY Gaming from Indonesia
- Fredo Sameon, Harris Annuar, Ismail Izzani, Soloz and XK Penjahat from Malaysia
- Ace Gaming, GuGu, I C E I C E, Original Matt Channel and NX Live from Myanmar
- Alodia Gosiengfiao, Ashley Gosiengfiao, Dexie Diaz, James Reid and Megan Young from the Philippines
- Danial Ron (TITAN GAMERS), Nathan Hartono, Ryan Tan (Night Owl Cinematics), Sezairi and Vincent Sin (TITAN GAMERS) from Singapore
- Dx Channel, Frozenkiss, JAI RAW, and May Pitchanart from Thailand. A final participant will be announced in December!
- ADN Đấng YM, Bé Chanh Gaming, Milona, Misthy and Msuong from Vietnam
League of Legends: Wild Rift is the skills-and-strats 5v5 MOBA experience of League of Legends, built from the ground up for mobile and console. With fresh controls and fast-paced games, players of every level can team up with friends, lock in their champion, and go for the big plays.
For more information on the participants and the full list of channels to watch the showdown, please visit: http://www.WildRiftPentaboom.com/