The Remake is heading to the PlayStation 5 with some enhancements and a new chapter, plus two new mobile games were announced.
An upgraded version of Final Fantasy VII Remake was announced during the PlayStation State of Play presentation, Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade is heading to the PlayStation 5 on June 10
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE takes advantage of the latest generation hardware and includes a wealth of graphical, gameplay and system enhancements for the PS5:
- Immerse yourself in the city of Midgar like never before, with improved textures, lighting, and background environments. Players can switch between two game modes:
- “Graphics Mode” prioritizes 4K high-resolution graphics
- “Performance Mode” prioritizes smooth action at 60 frames per second
- Capture and share your memorable moments from the game with a fully customizable “Photo Mode”
- Enjoy immersive battles by using the DualSense wireless controller, with its haptic feedback integration, and enjoy dynamic bike racing with its adaptive triggers.
- New difficulty settings for ‘Classic Mode’ provide new ways to play
- Jump into the action faster with optimized loading times
Those who own the PlayStation 4 copy of Final Fantasy VII Remake will be able to get the PS5 version upgrade for free when they download or insert the game on their PlayStation 5 console.
Aside from new enhancement features, Intergrade will include a brand-new episode featuring our favorite materia-stealing ninja Yuffie Kisaragi. In this chapter, she’ll be infiltrating Shinra Corporation to steal a powerful material and to bring back the glory to her homeland Wutai that was in conflict with the giant corporation, this will provide more backstory to her as well as bringing new characters that will add more lore in the game. Yuffie will wield her giant shuriken and based on the trailer, this will provide new battle mechanics that are unique to hers.
This new chapter will only be exclusive for the FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE version, and those who get the free PS5 upgrade from their PS4 copies will still need to purchase the new chapter.
Final Fantasy VII Remake will have both the Standard Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition, like with the PS4 version, the Digital Deluxe will include a digital mini soundtrack and digital artbook.
There are two mobile games that were announced by Square Enix, FINAL FANTASY VII EVER CRISIS and FINAL FANTASY VII THE FIRST SOLDIER.
Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis is a chapter-based RPG that covers not just the original Final Fantasy VII game, but also expanding from the prequels Before Crisis, Crisis Core and up to the follow-up stories from Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus. There will also be new stories on the origins of SOLDIER to be added to the game which will be handled by story and scenario writer Kazushige Nojima. It is expected to be available in 2022 for mobile (Android and iOS).
Final Fantasy VII The First SOLDIER is an online battle royale mobile game set 50 years before the events of FFVII. The story will revolve around SOLDIER as you will be playing as one of the elite soldiers, gameplay will combine the typical third-person shooter with magic and summons. Expect to see the game around this year for worldwide launch.