Riot Games Southeast Asia announces the launch of the VALORANT Champions Tour (VCT) Game Changers Southeast Asia, a new series that will create new opportunities and exposure for women and other marginalized genders within the VALORANT Southeast Asia esports ecosystem. VCT Game Changers SEA will supplement the ongoing competitive season by providing a pro player circuit that reflects the diversity and global nature of the VALORANT community and player talent seen in the region.
What is the VCT Game Changers SEA Series?
In collaboration with FSL, SEA’s premier women gaming circuit, VCT Game Changers SEA will be a monthly series aimed at creating new opportunities and exposure for marginalised genders within VALORANT to engage in the highest level of competitive play. The first tournament kicks off online and boasts a monthly prize pool of US$5,000. The series consists of 4 stages –
- FSL Open – a monthly open group stage tournament, from which 8 teams will advance to the playoffs. In the playoffs, teams will compete in a best-of-three double elimination format with the finals played in a best-of-five format. Teams will earn points and be placed on the FSL Open Leaderboard. The top 3 ranking teams will qualify for FSL Elite.
- FSL Open Overtime (September 2-5) – Teams that place 4th to 19th on the leaderboard will compete for 3 qualifying spots to FSL Elite.
- FSL Wildcard (September 25 – October 3) – Open to teams who have not qualified for FSL Elite or teams new to the circuit. The top 2 teams will qualify for FSL Elite.
- FSL Elite (October 23, 24, 30, 31) – The final tournament in October where 8 of the top teams in the region will play for a prize pool of US$25,000, with the winning team crowned as the first VCT Game Changers Southeast Asia Champion.
Registrations have started for this month’s FSL Open IV, and will be closing on June 24th. Individuals interested in participating can register here, and teams can register here to compete for qualification into the group stages. The upcoming dates for the VCT Game Changers SEA Series are as follows:
FSL Open IV:
- Registration: June 10 – 24
- Open Group: June 26 – 27
- Playoffs: July 1- 4
FSL Open V:
- Registration: July 6 – 15
- Open Group: July 19 – 21
- Playoffs: July 29 – August 1
FSL Open VI:
- Registration: August 3 – 12
- Open Group: August 16 – 18
- Playoffs: August 26-29
FSL Open Overtime: September 2 – 5
- Registration: September 9 – 19
- Group Stage: September 25 – 26
- Playoffs: October 1-3
FSL Elite: October 23, 24, 30, 31
For more information on participant eligibility requirements, please refer to the FSL Game Changers rules and guidelines.
Where can I follow the action on VCT Game Changers SEA?
All playoff matches will be broadcasted so you can catch all the action live! The upcoming FSL Open IV Playoffs will be broadcasted in English, Thai, and Bahasa Indonesia. The broadcast dates and times are:
- Playoffs Day 1: July 1st from 8:00PM to 11:30PM GMT+8
- Playoffs Day 2: July 2nd from 8:00PM to 11:30PM GMT+8
- Semifinals: July 3rd from 12:00PM to 7:30PM GMT+8
- Finals: July 4th from 12:00PM to 9:00PM GMT+8
The Playoffs will be live on FSL Twitch, FSL FPS Facebook (for English), FSL TH Twitch (for Thai), and FSL YouTube (for Bahasa Indonesia). Additional details on broadcasts will be released closer to the event.
For the latest updates on VCT Game Changers SEA, follow FSL on Facebook and Instagram, and for more information you can always contact FSL directly via their Discord channel.