SQUARE ENIX has revealed its plans to continue support for the critically acclaimed MMORPG FINAL FANTASY XIV Online for the next 10 years and announced some of the upcoming content players can look forward to as part of this goal.
During the latest Letter from the Producer LIVE broadcast, Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida highlighted a number of additions coming to FINAL FANTASY XIV Online in a bid to help the game evolve further into an online RPG experience that can be enjoyed both solo and with others, along with longer-term goals such as improved graphics.
Beginning in the upcoming Patch 6.1, it was revealed the in-game Trust System, which currently allows players to tackle select main scenario dungeons with a party of NPC comrades, will be further expanded. This feature allows players to enjoy the story at their own pace, without needing to seek out a party of fellow players. Patch 6.1, which is currently set for release in April, will see the Trust System implemented for all the main scenario dungeons of A Realm Reborn™, with more to be added at a later date.
Additionally, to support new players and those seeking a single-player experience further, several low-level main scenario duties will be adjusted to support an accessible, solo-play experience.
Looking further to the future, Yoshida also confirmed work is underway to begin the game’s first graphical update, with the first enhancements aiming to be implemented with the launch of the next expansion pack, and more to follow. Improvements are planned for both character and world visuals, and will encompass elements like higher-resolution textures, improved material qualities, and better lighting and shadow effects.
For more details, please watch the archived stream here: https://sqex.to/hhmm7
Finally, a partial roadmap of new content planned for upcoming patches was also announced. This is not a comprehensive list, and there is far more unannounced content still to be revealed. The recent release of universally acclaimed expansion Endwalker™ brought an end to the Hydaelyn and Zodiark saga, but a wealth of new adventures and challenges will still be coming for players, including:
Patch 6.1 Series
- New Main Scenario Questline – Patch 6.1 – 6.5
- “Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures” – Patch 6.1 – 6.5
- “Tataru’s Grand Endeavor” Sidequest Series – Patch 6.1 – 6.5
- Myths of the Realm #1 (Alliance Raid)
- Crystalline Conflict (New PvP)
- Arkasodara Tribe Quests and Dailies
- Dragonsong’s Reprise (New Ultimate Duty)
- Ultima’s Bane (Unreal)
- Trust Support for A Realm Reborn (Patch 2.0) Main Scenario Dungeons
- New Calling Card-Style UI (Name TBD)
- New Hairstyles for Hrothgar
- Empyreum (Ishgard Housing)
- Custom Deliveries: Ameliance
- Plus, New Trials and other assorted updates…
Patch 6.2 Series
- Trust Support for A Realm Reborn 2.X Main Scenario Dungeons
- Trust Support for 2-3 Heavensward™ Main Scenario Dungeons
- New Weapon Enhancements
- New “Criterion” Dungeon with Variable Difficulty (for 1–4 Players)
- “Island Sanctuary” Debuts
- Plus Pandæmonium, Faux Hollows, Other Trials, and more…
Patch 6.3 Series
- Trust system for Remaining Heavensward Main Scenario Dungeons
- Deep Dungeon Series #3
- Ultimate Duty #5
- Island Sanctuary Updates
- Plus Myths of the Realm, Faux Hollows, Other Trials, and more…
Patch 6.4 and Patch 6.5 Series
- Trust system for Stormblood™ Main Scenario Dungeons
- “Criterion” Dungeons #2 & #3
- Additional Area for Island Sanctuary
- Plus the Conclusion to Pandæmonium, Further Myths of the Realm, Faux Hollows, Other Trials, and more…
- More Plans for Patches 6.4 and 6.5 are being made as we speak!
The FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Free Trial is scheduled to reopen new user registration beginning tomorrow, February 22, following its suspension to help combat server congestion around the launch of Endwalker. The expanded Free Trial now includes all content from A Realm Reborn and the Heavensward expansion (and updates through Patch 3.56), as well as an additional playable race (Au Ra), and three additional playable jobs (Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist). Free Trial players can enjoy hundreds of hours of the award-winning gameplay and story experiences equivalent to two full FINAL FANTASY titles, without limit on playtime. More information is available here: http://sqex.to/