NetEase Games has just concluded NetEase Connect 2022 with an impressive number of announcements including six new game reveals, updates on titles such as Harry Potter: Magic Awakened, NARAKA: BLADEPOINT and Dead by Daylight Mobile, as well as insights into collaborations with other gaming studios such as Nagoshi Studio and Grasshopper Manufacture Inc. and the company’s plans to work with other studios on a global scale.
NetEase Connect 2022 kicked off its live stream on May 20th with hosts Daniel Robson and Esra Krabbe of IGN Japan. The event which featured both a Japanese and English stream was available for fans to watch on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Twitch. To get things off to a flying start, a behind-the-scenes look at Nagoshi Studio and Grasshopper Studio gave insight into how NetEase Games is partnering with developers to support them in meeting their creative and developmental goals.
Game updates were given for Dead by Daylight Mobile, LifeAfter, NARAKA: BLADEPOINT, The Lord of the Rings: Rise to War, Harry Potter: Magic Awakened, and more. From new beta tests to new expansions and characters, NetEase Connect 2022 revealed that there are lots in store for its titles this year and beyond.
- Dead by Daylight Mobile – There will be an exciting update made available for Dead by Daylight Mobile in western regions, with a test coming very soon.
- LifeAfter – An all-new expansion is coming soon for the open-world doomsday survival game, offering a brand new destination and new survival opportunities with unprecedented gameplay modes, outfits, and even more challenging combat. What lies ahead? Find out more by visiting the Official site.
- Infinite Lagrange – After the “Earth Day” event, the latest update of Infinite Lagrange brings “Identity Agreement” to this Sci-fi grand space simulation game. Explorers with different identities will have different missions and settlement goals. The concept of “Legacy” will be incorporated into the game this summer, allowing players to search for legacy items and use them to develop their own forces. Official site.
- Badlanders – A brand new escape gameplay mechanic has been added to the next-gen competitive survival looter shooter game. Players not only win by being the last man standing but also by taking as much loot from the battlefield as possible! Then, the all-new free trade feature comes into play, where players buy and sell supplies, and create unique weapons from high-grade equipment, offering more chances to accumulate wealth! Official site.
- Identity V – a new collaboration with Japanese steampunk artist Mitsuji Kamata will be coming to the game including new costume designs. Official site.
- NARAKA: BLADEPOINT – the smash hit will be making its way onto mobile along with the new character Takeda who will be arriving with the game’s next season. Clad in armor, Takeda is equipped with a katana and is constantly battling the demon that lives inside him. Official site. Narake Mobile is now available for subscription here.
- The Lord of the Rings: Rise to War – The geo-strategic seasonal wargame officially licensed from Warner Bros and Middle-earth Enterprises, and developed by NetEase, continues from strength to strength with a whole new season of many fun elements reflecting the festivities and culture of Middle-earth. The midsummer festival has you working with Gandalf to create a firework extravaganza or help Pippin and Merry create the favorite cuisine of Hobbits! Find out more on the Official site.
- Ace Racer – a second beta test is coming in June for the over-the-top racing game that features cars that can flash through walls, transform while driving, and even rocket into the sky. More information is available on the game’s Facebook, Twitter, and Discord.
- VIKINGARD – Midsummer is the year’s high point when days are brightest, and the heart is most daring, Vikings have safely planted their crops and sailed off to battle in other lands. The new expansion Midsummer is coming to VIKINGARD in June. It’s time for action and risk-taking! Official site.
- Lost Light – a survival shooter for PC and mobile set in a post-apocalyptic future, based on the concept of “survival, warfighting, progression”, where strategies are crucial within the exclusion zone. Every decision you make will affect your ultimate fate. In Lost Light, alongside fierce combat, players can also build their own shelters and gather supplies by battle or trade. The first beta test for iOS will be coming in Q3 this year. For more information, please visit the official site.
- Harry Potter: Magic Awakened – the immersive collectible card role-playing game will be available worldwide for players on PC and mobile in 2022. For more information visit https://www.facebook.com/harrypotterMA.en.
Several brand new games were revealed during NetEase Connect, including – the cinematic and sleek 2v4 competitive stealth game Mission Zero, the thrilling sci-fi title Once Be Human, and the post-apocalyptic third-person shooter ZOZ: Final Hour, and the tactical battler Tank Company.
- Mission Zero – a cinematic 2v4 competitive stealth game where players become either an invader or a chaser. Take part in fast-paced matches of hide and seek; don a disguise to blend in as an invader, use your special equipment to steal information and pull off narrow escapes, or use abilities as a chaser to expose invaders and stop them from completing their mission. From JULY 8th, a technical test will open in Thailand, Malaysia, New Zealand and Australia. mission zero.game (pre-registration available) Facebook Discord YouTube and Twitter.
- ZOZ: Final Hour – In this third-person shooter game with a twist, 15 mercs infiltrate the zombie-infested city of San Yager to collect valuable Blood Crystals and fend off the undead. Dying during a match doesn’t mean ‘game over’ either, players are revived as zombies with a whole new set of skills and infinite respawns. ZOZ: Final Hour is now open for regional testing, more info on the official site here.
- Once Be Human – Set 30 years in the future at the fall of civilization, Once Be Human shows the aftermath of a mysterious door being opened and Stardust polluting the world and creating hordes of monsters. A glimmer of hope emerges in the form of “Beyonders”, humans with special powers, who are turning the tables, becoming the hunter instead of the prey. For more details, please follow the new weird survival game on IGN Summer of Gaming this June. More information on Once Be Human is coming soon via Facebook and
- Tank Company – Online multiplayer game of massive 15v15 battles on a variety of maps and featuring historical tanks from World War II and the Cold War. Players can team up with friends or join a clan to explore the game’s maps. Use the terrain to your advantage and engage in tactical combat in multiple game modes. Pre-registration for Tank Company is now open on the official site.