SQUARE ENIX announced plans to host the latest global series of FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festivals 2023-2024 for the critically-acclaimed MMORPG beginning in the summer of 2023, and confirmed Las Vegas, Nevada and London, United Kingdom would serve as the first two host cities, with a final Fan Festival taking place in Japan in early 2024.
The news was shared during the 73rd Letter from the Producer LIVE stream – part of the 8th 14-hour broadcast – during which FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida also revealed the game now has more than 27 million registered players globally.
Set to take place in North America, Europe and Japan respectively, details on the events are as follows:
- North America – Las Vegas, Nevada – Las Vegas Convention Center
- July 28 – July 29, 2023
- Europe – London, United Kingdom – The ExCel Centre
- October 21 – October 22, 2023
- Japan – Venue TBD
- Early 2024
More information on the FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festivals, including details on ticket sales, will be announced at a later date. Further details can be found on the event website: https://fanfest.
A variety of other announcements were also featured during the Letter from the Producer LIVE stream, including an overview of additional in-game content arriving in FINAL FANTASY XIV Online on Tuesday, October 18, courtesy of Patch 6.25. Further details are outlined below:
- New Side Story Quests – Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures continue in Patch 6.25.
- New Weapon Enhancement Quests – Players can obtain and enhance Manderville Weapons throughout the Patch 6.x series, which will begin in the Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures questline.
- New Tribal Quests: Omicron – New daily quests for Disciples of the Land.
- New “Variant Dungeons” Battle Content – Players can enjoy new variable-difficulty dungeons—beginning with the Sil’dihn Subterrane—designed for 1-4 players, with the difficulty of enemies scaling depending on party size. Players will explore dungeons with Nanamo, featuring branching routes, which can change depending on player actions within the dungeon. Folios can also be obtained from each route, which can be pieced together to deduce secrets and complete the entire story.
- Criterion Dungeons – High-difficulty four-player content featuring a visually similar area to the Variant Dungeons, but with a set route. Criterion dungeons will feature two options of difficulties, each with their own unique set of rules and characteristics.
Finally, players can look forward to the upcoming expansion of the North American data center taking place on November 1. The addition will serve to further reduce congestion during peak periods for the ever-expanding player base, with the new logical data center, named “Dynamis,” initially consisting of four new Worlds with plans to expand further in the future. More details will be available on the Lodestone in the coming days.