SQUARE ENIX shared the first details on FINAL FANTASY XIV Online’s Patch 6.4: ‘The Dark Throne’ during the 76th Letter from the Producer LIVE broadcast.
Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida revealed Patch 6.4 is set to launch late May 2023, bringing with it a number of additions, including the continuation of the main scenario questline and the conclusion of the Pandæmonium raid series. An increased level cap of 80 for the blue mage limited job is set to follow in Patch 6.45 alongside new spells, blue mage exclusive gear and new foes to face in the Masked Carnivale.
Further details on Patch 6.4 can be found below:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The next chapter in the story of the Warrior of Light.
- New Raid – Pandæmonium: Anabaseios – The final installment of the Pandæmonium raid series.
- New Dungeon – New challenges await in The Aetherfont.
- New Trials – The Voidcast Dais – A challenging new battle in Normal and Extreme difficulties.
- New Unreal Trial – Containment Bay Z1T9 (Unreal)
- New Side Story Quests – Tartaru’s Grand Endeavour continues.
- Duty Support System Update – Support for a number of Stormblood™ main scenario dungeons (The Sirensong Sea, Bardam’s Mettle, Doma Castle, Castrum Abania and Ala Mhigo) will be added, meaning they can be completed alongside a party of NPC allies.
- Ocean Fishing Update – Explore the new route toward Kugane!
- Island Sanctuary Updates – A number of quality-of-life improvements include placing outdoor housing furniture, new ranks, crops, animals, and more.
- Player Versus Player Updates:
- Crystalline Conflict – PvP Series 4 begins alongside season 7 of Crystalline Conflict.
- Frontline – Adjustments made to the rules of The Fields of Glory (Shatter) and the inclusion of a new UI element, displaying the match time and score.
- Miscellaneous Updates – Various updates including a new Allagan tomestone, Job icons will now be displayed in the chat log and on player nameplates, market board quality-of-life improvements, the ability to glamour Scholar faeries and more.
Yoshida also shared the first details of Patch 6.45 during the broadcast, including:
- Blue Mage Update – Level cap raised to 80, new blue mage-exclusive gear, new enemies to challenge and more.
- New Variant & Criterion Dungeon – Mount Rokkon – Three levels of difficulty: Normal, Criterion, and Criterion (Savage)
- Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures
- Weapon Enhancement Quests – Manderville Weapons
- Tool Enhancement Quests – Splendorous Tools
Eligible players in select regions that own or purchase the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Starter Edition (A Realm Reborn) can now add the Stormblood expansion to their account for free until Monday, May 8, 2023. Continuing the critically acclaimed story from Heavensward™, Stormblood takes players to new far away locales, introduces new playable jobs, continues the enthralling main scenario questline and more.