SQUARE ENIX revealed during the Letter from the Producer LIVE broadcast that FINAL FANTASY XIV Online’s Patch 6.4: “The Dark Throne” will launch on Tuesday, May 23, 2023.
The date was announced in a new trailer introduced by Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida, offering players a fresh look at what to expect in the upcoming patch. Players can enjoy new main scenario quests, a new raid dungeon, a new trial, and more. Information was also shared on other updates as part of Patch 6.4, including Crystalline Conflict and Frontline PvP updates, a number of Island Sanctuary updates including the ability to place outdoor furnishings and an overview of the next Variant and Criterion dungeons launching separately with Patch 6.45.
Further details on Patch 6.4 can be found below:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The next chapter in the story of the Warrior of Light.
- New Raid Dungeon: Pandæmonium: Anabaseios – The final installment of the Pandæmonium raid series.
- New Dungeon – New challenges await in the Aetherfont.
- New Trial: The Voidcast Dais – A challenging new battle against Golbez at both Normal and Extreme difficulties.
- New Unreal Trial – Fight in Containment Bay Z1T9 (Unreal) against the mighty Zurvan.
- New Side Story Quests – Tataru’s Grand Endeavour continues.
- Duty Support System Update – Support for several Stormblood main scenario dungeons (The Sirensong Sea, Bardam’s Mettle, Doma Castle, Castrum Abania and Ala Mhigo) will be added, meaning they can be completed solo, alongside a party of NPC allies.
- Ocean Fishing Update – Explore the new route towards Kugane.
- Island Sanctuary Updates – New sanctuary ranks and items to gather, construction plots, craftable items, crops, animals, and the ability to place outdoor furnishings near structures, and more.
- Player Versus Player Updates:
- Crystalline Conflict – PvP Series 4 begins alongside Season 7 of Crystalline Conflict.
- Frontline – Adjustments made to the rules of the Fields of Glory (Shatter), and the inclusion of an optional new UI element making it easier to track the score and remaining match time.
- Miscellaneous Updates – Various updates including the introduction of a new Allagan tomestone currency, user interface updates to display job icons in the chat log and on player nameplates, the ability to glamour scholar faeries, several quality-of-life improvements, and more.
Yoshida also shared further details of Patch 6.45 during the broadcast, including:
- Blue Mage Update – Level cap raised to 80, new blue mage-exclusive gear, new enemies to challenge and more.
- New Variant Dungeon: Mount Rokkon – Players can enjoy a new variable-difficulty dungeon designed for 1-4 players, with the difficulty of enemies scaling depending on party size.
- New Criterion Dungeon: Mount Rokkon – High-difficulty four-player content featuring a visually similar area to the Variant Dungeon, but with a set route. Criterion dungeons will feature two options of difficulties, “Criterion” and “Criterion (Savage)”, each with its own unique set of rules and characteristics.
- Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures
- Weapon Enhancement Quests – Manderville Weapons
- Tool Enhancement Quests – Splendorous Tools