SQUARE ENIX has announced Dawntrail, the fifth and latest expansion pack for its critically acclaimed MMO, FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, set to launch in Summer 2024.
The expansion was first revealed by Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida during his keynote address at the FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festival 2023 in Las Vegas, alongside a new teaser trailer offering a taste of the adventures to come as the Warrior of Light ventures to the New World, Tural for the first time.
The new expansion will bring an abundance of fresh content, including an increased level cap, multiple new jobs, sprawling new areas, new allied tribes, new dungeons, and new core battle content such as FATEs, Hunts, Treasure Hunts, and sidequests, and much more. Some of the features players can look forward to include:
- Journey to the New World, Tural, and its capital, Tuliyollal
- Explore new areas, including the mountainous Urqopacha and the forest of Yak T’el
- New Allied Tribes, including the diminutive Pelupelu who wear distinctive masks and inhabit Urqopacha
- Level Cap increase from 90 to 100
- Multiple New Jobs
- Core Battle Content including FATEs, Hunts, Treasure Hunts and Sidequests
- New Dungeons
- New Threats, including Valigarmanda
- Duty Support Update
- New Gear and Recipes
- Expansive New Lifestyle Content
- New Variant Dungeons, Alliance Raid, 8-Player Raid and Ultimate Raid
- PvP Update
- Ongoing Content Updates, including a Blue Mage Update, Inconceivably Further Hildibrand Adventures, New Plans for Deep Dungeons and a Gold Saucer Update
In addition to these features, Dawntrail will introduce the game’s first graphical update for both character and world visuals, including:
- Improvements to screen-wide aesthetic appeal
- Higher-resolution textures and shadows
- Improved material qualities
Also in the keynote, it was revealed the existing FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Free Trial would be expanded even further during Patch 6.5. When it launches, the Even Further Expanded Free Trial will add all the content from the Stormblood expansion (and updates through Patch 4.58), including the Red Mage and Samurai playable jobs, and allow newcomers to venture all the way up to level 70 with no limits on playtime.
In a surprise announcement, Yoshida was joined onstage during the keynote by CEO of Microsoft Gaming Phil Spencer to confirm the long-awaited Xbox version of the critically acclaimed MMO will be launching on Xbox Series X|S in Spring 2024, with an open beta starting during the Patch 6.5x series. The digital-only release will also enjoy 4K support on Xbox Series X. More information will be revealed soon, with details available at: http://sqex.to/0ziAY
Finally, Yoshida revealed an upcoming collaboration with Mediatonic’s party royale obstacle course smash hit Fall Guys. The “Warriors of Light Fame Pass” will be released in Fall Guys on August 22, 2023, with a new Fall Guys-inspired Gold Saucer attraction arriving in FINAL FANTASY XIV Online as part of the Patch 6.5x series. For more information on the collaboration, please visit: http://sqex.to/tnpEC