Bandai Namco Entertainment Asia and Arc System Works have revealed Season Pass 3 for the acclaimed 2.5D fighting game, Guilty Gear -Strive-, on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, STEAM, Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, & Windows platforms. The third season’s content will introduce four additional playable characters, starting with the DLC character release of Jellyfish Pirates captain Johnny on 24 August, as well as two new battle stages, two new systems, and a third color pack.
With Katana in hand, the daring and debonair pirate Johnny and his crew are dedicated to caring for and defending those less fortunate around the world. Players will experience Johnny’s mastery of swordsmanship showcased through his swift attacks and notable strength. The Johnny DLC will be available on August 24 to all players who purchase the full Season Pass 3 or can be purchased individually. This will bring Guilty Gear -Strive- to a total of 25 playable characters available to date, including 15 default characters with the main game and 10 additional DLC characters from Season 1, Season 2, and Season 3 (as of Johnny’s release)!
In addition, beginning August 24 with Season 3, Guilty Gear -Strive- will enter a new phase with evolved gameplay breakthroughs that players will not want to miss. This includes two new systems: the Wild Assault offensive mechanic for a rush attack move with powerful effects and the Deflect Shield defensive mechanic that creates a large distance between you and your opponent after blocks. Players will also be challenged to assess the high risk/high reward when taking advantage of these powerful new systems, as both consume 50% of the Burst gauge!
Players can also take advantage of the Guilty Gear -Strive- Daredevil Edition releasing on August 24 as a special package including the main game, Season Passes 1-3, digital sound and artworks, and more content in celebration of Season 3 and Guilty Gear’s 25th Anniversary.
Guilty Gear -Strive- Season Pass 3 featured content will include:
- 4 New Characters – Beginning with the Johnny DLC on 24 August
- 2 New Systems – Introducing Wild Assault and Deflect Shield on 24 August
- 2 Additional Battle Stages – Releasing later this year
- Additional Colour Pack #3 – More details to come soon
- Plus, the Season Pass 3 Purchase Bonus – Enables players to use a total of 12 additional character colors (4 characters x 3 colors)
Guilty Gear -Strive- Daredevil Edition package content will include:
- Guilty Gear -Strive- main game
- Guilty Gear -Strive- Season Pass 1
- Guilty Gear -Strive- Season Pass 2
- Guilty Gear -Strive- Season Pass 3
- Guilty Gear -Strive- digital sound and artwork
- Guilty Gear -Strive- Daredevil Edition Special Colour
- Guilty Gear 25th Anniversary Colours
Arc System Works is also proud to confirm that Guilty Gear -Strive- has now surpassed 2.5 million players globally* (via packaged form and download), further cementing the GUILTY GEAR series as one of the most popular fighting game franchises worldwide! Being the first Arc System Works title and Guilty Gear title to achieve this milestone, the team is celebrating through an original artwork drawn by Shoichi Kitazono, a 2D artist from the Guilty Gear development team.